Forums » Uncategorized

about domina.sk page

• 25. septembra 2007 22:29:59 CEST
    I've been here for less than a week, which is enough time to have an overall impression of the whole thing here. I must admit i took part in some forums really enthusiastically,and the few responses were of such deep insight!!!

But then suddenly a number came to my mind: 2004, when this forum was opened. I'd like anybody here (with enough seniority in this site) to answer this question: Has admin EVER made any changes to this site? after browsing some entries, i have the impression, that the answer can be a "NO".
  • 24. septembra 2007 7:11:52 CEST
    After browsing the different topics in the forums, I feel it is a pity that most users misunderstand the real purpose of a forum. Forums are to discuss ideas, exchange opinions and experience from a reflexive point of view, not a narration of one's own experience necessarily. Why do these forums accept classified ads? Isn’t there a section for that?? (bdsm personals, if I am not wrong). I insist on this: the BDSM message board should be called BDSM FORUM

What about important issues as:
    - The proper way to address a Dominant (many seem to forget manners)
    - What makes a good Dominant?
    - What makes a good submissive/slave?
    - What do you as a sub/slave expect from a Dominant?
    - What do you as Dominant expect from a sub/slave?

just to mention some.
  • 24. septembra 2007 5:26:48 CEST
    Right now most users online are browsing albums (there are only two or three Dommes online). Nothing against those who are browsing albums, but if I want to look at BDSM pics I have a thousand places on the Internet where to do that, while I don't have as many options where to meet other people in the lifestyle (apart from www.collarme.com or www.alt.com ). Much more interesting would be to have pics of the user, not pics that the user has picked from the internet (ok, ok, an utopia, I know)
    I guess this site is for people in the lifestyle to get together and share views, contact somebody, but unfortunately, pics are much more appealing than contacting others to share views and opinions. a pity.
    PROFILES: what about profiles which don't say much, which don’t mention any BDSM preferences or BDSM interests for example? (not knowing whether a sub likes jazz or Italian pasta is not a problem at all) but knowing a person’s BDSM preferences and what he or she is looking for is of outmost importance. It may be an easier way to start a contact with somebody (ok, true is that any fake could lie about the interest he or she has! but what about those who without being fakes don’t mention any BDSM interest? I don’t feel like contacting them at all!!!
    VIDEOS: quantity and quality of videos are two different things, being quality much more important than quantity. And by quality I mean both the good quality of the image and the good quality of the play presented in the clip. Besides, why “borrowing” (stealing?) video clips from youtube, for example? I have found wonderful video clips, easy to download, longer in duration, of better quality, and wonderful content in other sites (example: www.meninpain.com
    CELEBRITY MISTRESSES / MISTRESSES WORLD CHART: perhaps for those mistresses who need to feed their egos themselves??? The more points I get the better Mistress I am?? No thanks, I pass. I prefer my slave to judge me.
    BDSM POLLS: what is that!!!???? some sort of Cosmopolitan magazine survey!!!??? who cares about statistics anyway!? not serious at all to dignify this site in my view.
    FORUMS: great idea, but it is the users’ participation what makes a forum interesting, it is their insight into different matters connected to BDSM, challenging questions but also challenging responses, clever responses to clever questions. Forums are for debate, for discussion, for reflection, for sharing ideas, for agreeing or disagreeing. Short stories and tales are NOT for a forum. Personal adds looking for this or that are NOT for a forum. This is a gross misconception in my view. The BDSM message board should be called BDSM FORUM.

I don’t have the solution I am afraid, but at least spotting weak points is a start.

Besides, Rome was not built overnight. Good things to happen take time. and there is alaways time to make changes.
  • 24. septembra 2007 5:26:02 CEST
    Hello Lady Mara,

All I can say to your words is -Amen! I endorse the things you say as constructive comment to improve this site.

The more we talk to each other, the better off we would all be. Learning from each other is not a simple matter of looking at a few (often fake) pics but actually engaging in open communication!

Kind regards,

BlackPrince
  • 12. septembra 2007 16:17:59 CEST
    Great!
    In admins we trust. ;-)

However thanks a lot for the quick respond.
  • 12. septembra 2007 13:23:44 CEST
    Hello, I'm Sid. Nice to meet you.
    • 2 posts
    12. septembra 2007 11:30:32 CEST
    hallo too ...
    • 33 posts
    12. septembra 2007 11:29:37 CEST
    Hello... :-)
  • 10. septembra 2007 13:04:09 CEST
    I wouldn't see the messageboards contents as sign of deteriorating, because the admins can't do much there except deleting the fake-profile.

The primary problem is that this thread excists within this forum. It suggests that somebody takes care about the ideas and problems. But to me it seems that there is nobody doing this.

I mean - just for fun I've looked up the Mistresses world chart once again.
    And the only thing that I can say is "wow! fourteenTHOUSAND points..." Mathematical this counter can truly be reached, but I don't dare to believe it. Its more than the triple of the monthly averange.

Indeed, the admins have stopped some sort of cheating, but I'm not sure, if there wouldn't be more ways - for example the unique ID - which I've mentioned.

But... does anybody from the admin-team read this? Please say "Hello" to give us back trust.
  • 7. júla 2007 8:10:52 CEST
    How much to the site, I have a problem when making upload of images. Use SO Gnu/Linux and I believe that, due to version of flash plugin installed here, I have problems when loading images for the albums. It always gives error and brower is closed. This only functions using flash 8 in the Windows. Therefore, it would be interesting if they will be able to revise/to modify the method of upload of images.
  • 7. júla 2007 6:00:30 CEST
    Hello again everyone,

I agree with ManchesterUnited. The site is deteriorating!

It's now well over a month since I posted some specific suggestions about SOME things which could and should be improved, but not one person who has the power to actually change things has made a single comment!

It's not really my concern being located in Australia, but in the spirit of wanting to improve BDSM sites and foster greater knowledge and interaction on these kinds of websites, I made the suggestions.

To hear nothing is likely to be a symptom. What we see in some parts of the site - World Mistresses and Picture of the Month- is a travesty because they can be manipulated.

Over to the site Admins for comment and action!

Kind regards,

BlackPrince
  • 6. júla 2007 23:07:51 CEST
    I agree that this site is deteriorating. There are a lot of problems with fakes and frauds, but the people who run this site do nothing about it in spite of very specific complaints which are backed up by very specific information. As noted below the viewing numbers are dropping even though the number of "new users" is quite high. Probably, this is because many people create accounts and pretend to be somebody else for a few sessions and never use the account again. A couple of Mistresses I know have also given up because of all the liars here. These are real Mistresses who I have met in person and I know them well, but they are no longer here.
  • 6. júla 2007 21:58:27 CEST
    I do not know why but Dominask.com seems to be deteriorating in my opinion. For one there are not the same number of people looking at the site as there were. The viewing numbers are dropping all the time according to the counter in the top right hand corner of main page.

Alos there seems less and less actually on female domination etc, less female contributors and just generally a drop in the standard. The site is called dominask.com so why is there so much on male domination etc. What is all this stupid arguing as to whether Jessica is a man or a woman. Surely all most of us want is good femme dom articles, contacts and pictures
  • 2. júla 2007 14:22:20 CEST
    Good new idea would be to have a possibility to send a photo inside of the messages (PM). Look at www.collarme.com. There is this option.
    It means who doesnt have a photo at profile, can send own photo by discreet way to the recipient directly..
    Think about it...
  • 7. júna 2007 9:06:16 CEST
    BlackPrince has offered a good idea and the scoring system would gain sense by doing so.
    But I wonder if it's possible to prevent the bad pictures from being posted again.

He is also right about the voting. - The limit is one vote per hour by the way - Something has to be done about this.
    For the moment it's just not fair. Almost everyone is able to vote once a day, but only few are able to vote every hour. The internal serialnumber/ID is a good idea, but there has to be a system includet that prohibits multiple accounts.

As far as I know every kind of passport has an internal ID-number. Perhaps it's an option to require this for registration. - As far as I see, it's quite usual on this kind of webpages.

It would also provide the personal ID for the voting and would keep this forum a safer place, because for the moment it's very easy for youth (I mean younger than sixteen) to get in touch with really explicit content.
    On common 'sex-picture-pages' there has to be some kind of protection of children.
    But our albums provide much more explosive pictures even to kids - because there's no age-check.

Honestly I have to say that I really don't like to offer my number (even in registration) because this makes me traceable. - But I think it is worthe enough to think about it, because it solves several problems...

This ID-system of course requires us all to register this number, too. But we wouldn't have to open up new accounts. - If there would be the chance given to submit it for example in the basic-information-part of our profiles (of course not shown in profile) we all could submit it without problems.

And if we all would do this and if the admins would be deleting the profiles where this information is not given, after six months for example, we would gain some really good features:
    - a fair voting
    - prevention from fakes/multiple accounts
    - protection of the youth
    - protection from liars like helen84 (because we're all traceable then)

I've always enjoyed this board being wery free and the users not to be monitored, but in these times I think the passport-ID could be a solution.

Thanks for listening,
    Micha
  • 7. júna 2007 7:21:25 CEST
    It appears that the data files for this section is HUGE.

It must waste huge amounts of time and customer's bandwidth to sit there, hour after hour looking at pictures.

In the interest of avoiding huge costs and boredom of the most tedious kind might I suggest this.

Start with FRESH files every month. Mistresses who are serious about being seen won't mind putting them up, nor will the subs/slaves who are serious mind posting their favorites freshly each month either.

At the end of each week DELETE the lowest scoring 1/4 of the pics and don't allow fresh postings.

Each week after that delete a further 1/4 of the lowest scoring pictures and don't allow further additions.

By the start of the 4th week of the month the highest scoring quarter of all pictures remain.

These will be the ones who the customers here rate the highest. It seems to me that will reduce the data-base significantly and cut back on huge amounts of wasted time, boredom and bandwidth.

BlackPrince
  • 1. júna 2007 3:16:10 CEST
    Hi everyone,

I have been watching with fascination the voting on these items and agree with sidvicious earlier posting on this subject.

1. On World Mistresses it appears to be possible to vote MUCH more often than once a day, and I suspect that is what happens. I can suggest one thing that might work IF there is enough disk space. Give each REGISTERED member a serial number. When they vote record the number for that day and do not allow additional votes. The registration number would be recorded for that day and any second attempt would be invalid. Reset the area on the disk once a day. Of course this would still allow people to create additional nicknames and so bypass this safeguard, but perhaps that can be overcome by cross checking email addresses when people register and restricting registrations to ONE per person. Reject 2nd attempts from the same e-mail address. Of course many people have more than one e-mail address but there is no way I can think of to overcome that problem.

2, On picture of the month, once again the voting seems to be skewed with people taking advantage of weaknesses in the system. For example although it appears to be a random selection process that determines which picture shows up, at the start of a month there are few pictures so you see any given pic more often. As the database builds it becomes very rare to see any one pic because the random selector has so many more pictures to choose from.

That said, once you have found a given pic you can manipulate the scoring.

If you want to destroy a picture rating you can vote 0 for that picture and by using your back button on your browser continue this process almost as long as you like.

Equally if you want to increase a rating, find the picture you want to vote for the vote 1o and again using the back button on your browser continue voting as long as you like.

There is no easy way to overcome this except perhaps by the mechanism suggested above for the World Mistress listings but ultimately that would require a huge anount of disk-space and may slow the server down by having to check the validity of each vote. It of course does nothing to stop multiple registrations (discussed above).

3. It may be useful to INCREASE the number of categories for Picture of the month and only allow any particular picture to ONLY appear under ONE category, but once again this would require a huge amount of programming and internal cross checking of the server databases.

Just some thoughts in the interests of getting a clearer picture of who is REALLY the top rating mistress who appears here on the World Mistress listing and to get a fairer way of getting ratings for pictures of the month.

Over to the "techies" for comment.

Regards,

BlackPrince

• 2 posts
    23. mája 2007 0:49:39 CEST
    your settings are fine, but there is no open polls right now ...

don't worry we will open some in short time

thx for interest
    • 2 posts
    22. mája 2007 22:10:22 CEST
    This site is great, and i love it, but what about polls, i really love them, the only thing i get is error message "Unable to connect to database", is it something wrong with my browser or firewall (firefox and kerio) settings or this option just don't work...?
  • 19. mája 2007 19:37:02 CEST
    i think that domina.sk is a great site and must have something in it for everybody and i don't know what all the petty squabbling is between various members. If You do not like various things do not read it or look at it. What could be simpler. if somebody wishes to pretend to be a man when they are a women or vice versa so what. i am an extremely submissive male who believes in absolute female superiority at all times so i only look at things that interest me, ie femdom. It is so simple
    • 2 posts
    11. mája 2007 11:36:13 CEST
    about adding your site into the pool i'm guesing that you are speaking about adding your presentation into the Mistresses World Chart pool ... if not i'm sorry but i'm out of the picture ...

the main problem is that the wizard was build only to ad your self to the pool just once ... no editing no deleting or something else ... when you manage to do it somehow it will brake and start to act strange because wizard do not know what to do but trying to satisfy you (as programs and scripts normaly acts)

and about that Domina.sk is more technical ... well what i can say ? i'm programmer and programmer are technical types ...

and the emails ... ies the email are problem because of spaming ... we got couple of thousands emails daily so if we miss some we are truly sorry ... best way to get quick respond is to write pm directly to my profile ... here is spam not as big problem as with emails yet ...

goog luck with pools
    • 2 posts
    11. mája 2007 11:06:40 CEST
    the main thing why we verificate albums is because we want from users to add only bdsm pictures ... we think that nobody wants find a album like my used cars or somethink ...
    • 2 posts
    11. mája 2007 1:55:47 CEST
    Have you not make a mistake with locking of albums? I dont mean that the admins have change this in last time. But at the other side maybe it can be a good idea to not duplicate, triplicate pictures in users albums. Some people take other people preferetaed pictures to create a own album and I not think its a good idea and I not sea any reason for it.
  • 11. mája 2007 0:44:54 CEST
    What is the point of the verification photos in the albums. Do you check them out first before letting the rest of us look? Just curious. This is a great site and the albums are very clean and have great stuff.

Ottawasubhub

• 9. mája 2007 17:59:24 CEST
    NEWCOMMER CAN NOT BLOCK THIS SCAMMER. HELP!!!
    09.05.2007 @ 15:27
    Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: hello

PLEASE WRITE TO ME THROUGH MY EMAIL ADDRESS OK I WIL SEND MY PICTURE TO YOU AND TELL YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ME [email protected]